You Can Afford to Make Repairs to Your Home with NeighborWorks.
We offer affordable loans, advice, and support to homeowners who want to make health and safety improvements to their homes.
We will help you plan the project, find reliable contractors and competitive prices, and help you manage your project through completion. Before you begin your home repair project, one of our Construction Specialists will come to your home to evaluate the repairs you want to make and look for any other health and safety concerns. Then we will work with you to develop a scope work.
Common Repair Projects Include:
- Accessibility issues – do you have a family member who needs assistance accessing your home?
- Outdated wiring – do you have outdated electrical wiring like knob-and-tube wiring?
- Structural issues – does your home suffer from a crumbling foundation, shaky stairs, or other structural problem?
- Leaky roofs – does your roof leak?
- Weatherization – do you have drafty rooms or high fuel bills?
- Inefficient heating systems – do you need to upgrade your heating system to a more energy-efficient model?
Our Construction Specialists:
- Evaluate your home for health and safety issues
- Assist in planning your repair project
- Help you find a reliable contractor
- Help manage the repair process
Do We Help Renters?
Yes! We can work with landlords who own 1-4 unit buildings in Addison, Bennington and Rutland counties. To satisfy the income limit requirement, the landlord has to work with his or her tenants to document that a majority of the tenants meet the income cap. We also have our new special Landlord Loan, which could do 5+ units buildings in certain cases.