Foreclosure eCourse and Resources
When It Comes to Your Home, Don’t Wait.
Take an online Foreclosure Prevention class
This optional class covers your rights as a homeowner, reviews foreclosure timelines, and helps you understand your options so you know what to expect. You can register for the eCourse by visiting this website: www.ehomeforeclosure.org/nwwvt
Where can I get help preventing foreclosure?
- HOPE: 1-888-995-4673
- Vermont Legal Aid: (802) 775-0021
- Making Homes Affordable Program
- Vermont Department of Financial Regulation
Where can I get help if I am behind on my reverse mortgage?
- National Council on Aging: 1-800-510-0301
- CredAbility: 1-888-395-2664
- Money Management International: 1-866-765-3328
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling: 1-866-363-2227
- NeighborWorks America: 1-888-990-4326
Trying to Obtain a Reverse Mortgage (HECM)?
HUD Approved Reverse Mortgage Counselors
- Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp.: 1-800-757-1788
- Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Greater Atlanta, Inc. d/b/a CredAbility: 1-800-251-2227
- Credit Card Management Services, Inc. d/b/a DebtHelper: 1-800-920-2262
- Greenpath, INC. d/b/a GreenPath Debt Solutions: 1-888-860-4167
- QuickCert, Inc.: 1-888-383-8885
The Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) program is a Government Insured Reverse Mortgage for Homeowners age 62 or over with significant equity in their homes. For more information about this loan program, please visit here.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires homeowners to obtain counseling prior to applying for the HECM loan. To obtain a list of HUD-approved HECM Counseling Agencies, please visit the Vermont State Department of Financial Regulation here.
The HECM loan program is only available through HUD-approved lenders. If you are interested in speaking to a HECM Loan Specialist please visit here.
Take our Financial Capabilities Class.
This class gives you the tools you need to get– and stay– on track.
Our Financial Capabilities Class covers everything you need to know to create a solid financial foundation. Learn more on our Financial Capabilities Class page.
Please note that the online class fee is nonrefundable.
The sooner you get started, the greater your chances of saving your home.
Are you interested in talking with a NeighborWorks of Western Vermont representative about homeownership, education, lending, home repair, or home energy efficiency? Contact us!