*ATTENTION ARTISTS* For the July rotation, click here:
Call to Artists: Rutland Pop-Up Gallery
Issued: April 13, 2017
Deadline: 5 pm, May 5, 2017
NeighborWorks of Western Vermont (NWWVT), with the support of gracious partners Green Mountain Power, MKF Properties, Green Screen Graphics, and The Chaffee, is seeking local artists to submit and display their art in a pop-up gallery in downtown Rutland. The goals of the pop-up gallery are to:
1) Enhance the image of downtown Rutland
2) Promote community awareness and involvement
3) Unite the community through art themes
NWWVT is partnering with Mark Foley of MKF Properties and Foley, Inc., Steve Costello of Green Mountain Power, Mike Gauthier of Green Screen Graphics, and The Chaffee to ensure maximum exposure for the pop-up gallery. We have been temporarily donated the use of a storefront in downtown Rutland by MKF Properties to use as the gallery.
Preference will be given to artists who live or work in the Rutland area. Artists are welcome to submit multiple proposals (the application has room for three, but feel free to submit more). Artists who wish to be considered must submit the application materials by the May 5, 2017, 5 pm deadline. The art will be displayed on a monthly rotation, so subsequent application rounds will be distributed after the selection of artists for the first month.
The Pop-Up Gallery Steering Committee will be selecting several area artists to display their work in a pop up gallery in downtown Rutland every four weeks, to rotate routinely. The theme will be chosen organically from the received submission materials in order to curate a cohesive display; this theme will change monthly with the gallery. Because of the pieces on display at the gallery will be rotating in and out regularly, we encourage you to continue submitting applications even if your pieces aren’t chosen for display for the first month. The initial expected installation date is Wednesday, May 24, 2017, with an opening reception for the pop-up show to be held on Saturday, May 27, 2017, from 7:00-10:00 pm.
- Artwork must be original and self-produced, but may have been previously displayed
- Although there is not a concrete theme for the opening month, preference will be given to abstract, modern, contemporary, and expressive art
- Geographic preference will be given to artists living or working in the Rutland area
- Images that accurately depict your artwork must accompany your application either digitally (Jpeg) or printed
- Provide an artist statement that includes a biography of yourself and/or your source of inspiration
- All two dimensional pieces need to be equipped with a way to hang them on walls
- All three dimensional pieces need to be equipped with an appropriate display method
- There is a small space available for an art installation. Email for more information.
POP UP GALLERY APPLICATION
All materials will be handled with the utmost care. NeighborWorks of Western Vermont does not carry art insurance and will not be responsible for the loss or damage of your art.
Submit the application materials by email or post by 5 pm on May 5, 2017
With questions, contact Maggie Lambert at NeighborWorks of Western Vermont.
NeighborWorks of Western Vermont
Attn: Maggie Lambert
110 Marble St.
West Rutland, VT 05777
POP UP GALLERY APPLICATION